Technician - Heathrow Based - 4on4off Days and Nights
UK & Ireland > LHR
We have an exciting opportunity in TMS UK Limited at our prestigious site at London Heathrow, one of the busiest airports in the world.
We are now seeking a Technician to carry out cost effective repairs and maintenance tasks on a wide range of vehicles and equipment.
Your tasks must be completed to a high standard and in a timely and efficient manner, whilst complying with company policies and procedures and Health & Safety requirements.
The working hours for this position are Shift based. This will be over a 7 day period on a rolling rota of 4 on and 4 off days (06:00 - 18:00) and nights (19:00 - 07:00).
This constitutes a basic working week of 40 hours.
What's On Offer
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks on all applicable customer vehicles / Equipment (including light and heavy vehicles) in line with company and legal Health and Safety guidelines.
- Respond to all breakdowns in the designated time when allocated (if applicable).
- Ensure all relevant service sheets/job cards/paperwork and electronic records (if applicable) are fully completed, legible and accurate including working time and job code details.
- Liaise with the Workshop Office colleagues to provide updates on job status, progress and the processing of paperwork.
- Comply with Health and Safety Legislation and internal H&S procedures including use of company issued loan working alarms and company mobile phones.
- Ensure all Personal Protective Equipment is worn where necessary and is in good working order and condition.
- Ensure that all working areas i.e. Workshop, customer locations are kept clean and free from hazards wherever possible
- Ensure company vehicles are used in line with company policies / legal requirements and are kept clean and tidy after use.
- Undertake vehicle manoeuvring around the workshop or airport as and when required where trained to do so and in conjunction with appropriate licences held.
- Carry out other reasonable duties as required to support operational requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ability to work under pressurised conditions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence.
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain a valid Airside Pass.
- Aviation or Transport Industry relevant experience
- LGV / PSV Licence
- Nationally recognised Automotive Apprenticeship in Vehicle Repair or Technology
- City and Guilds Automotive Vehicle Servicing and Repair or Craft Studies Level 1,2,3
- BTEC diploma in Motor Vehicles
- NVQ 3 in Heavy Motor Vehicle or Plant Maintenance and Repair
- Technical certificates in Heavy Vehicles/Plant machinery / Light Vehicles / GSE Equipment
- Ability to build strong relationships and deal effectively with people at different levels, both within the Company and with external customers/clients
- Good team player, willing to listen and take new ideas on board
- Reliable judgement and common sense
- Ability to work under pressure, especially with tight deadlines, to deliver required results
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude - good at making things work and getting the job done
- Self-motivated with a professional, proactive approach
- Ability to quickly assess and resolve problems with a flexible and adaptable manner
All employment will be subject to security and criminal record and Right To Work checks as appropriate for work within the airport environment. The Deadline for this role is Wednesday 27th November 2019.
Deadline date for application: 31/01/2020
Unit 1, Building 16265, Exeter Way, Hatton Cross
See on the map
Apply for this job